Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Disney should sell the Tron license. Seriously.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
Traahn
User

on Tuesday, January, 04, 2005 4:13 AM
If Disney believed in Tron, they'd push a Tron movie sequel, a PC game expansion pack and a game re-make of the original movie through to fruition. It's sad to hear BVI probably won't be doing anything more with the games, as mentioned in a different thread. This implies to me that Disney doesn't have much faith in the Tron license any more. If they had faith, they'd supply the $$ necessary to push things through no matter what. And they'd line up good teams or other companies to get the job done right, including for the marketing of any Tron product.

So, since Disney and BVI don't like, don't fully appreciate and don't have faith in Tron and the Tron fans, I wish they'd sell the 'Tron' license/franchise to a different company who wants (and would do more with) the license. It seems even a lower-budget, independent company having Tron would be better than Disney having it, at this point.

I heard it said a few years ago that if the movie Tron were to be re-made today, using today's technologies, it would only cost about $200,000 to make. If this is true, then why not just make a sequel and have it look like the 1982 classic -- or spend a few more dollars and make it slightly better? As dedicated as Tron fans are, I don't think there would be much complaining. Tron is like Star Wars to us. If they build it, we will come.

I, personally, don't think a sequel for this needs to cost $50-$75+ million like other movies of today. If Disney thinks this much needs to be spent, then they should stop worrying right now because I don't feel we require this. Obviously, if they spent that much, it might be hard for them to recoup the money -- since there are fewer Tron fanatics out there than Star Wars ones. However, if they only spent $200,000 or a couple million, would it really be that hard to make a profit?

I would absolutely love a big budget re-make or sequel to the movie, but if that will never happen with the license in the hands of Disney, then they should do a low budget version or sell the license to someone who cares. Same with the games. If they've dropped any/all interests in Tron for game-making purposes, then sell the license to someone who actually wants it.

It's a waste of a wonderful license to watch Tron fall off the face of the earth for another 20+ years, or forever.

Get over yourselves, Disney, BVI and Disney/BVI shareholders, and do something with the license. Sell it or do more with it -- including making a better name for it. Star Wars is cheesy, if you really look at its dialogue and lots of other stuff (e.g., puppets), yet people flock to it because they think it's 'cool.' So, work on making Tron cool. If you can't do it, perhaps your old friends at SKG Dreamworks would like to have the license.

Your short-sidedness with the license reminds me of Rex Reed's shortsidedness when Tron originally came out. Your lack of marketing capabilities with regards to the license tells me the license would be better understood elsewhere.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

DaveTRON
User

Re: Disney should sell the Tron license. Seriously.

on Tuesday, January, 04, 2005 4:27 AM
Get the pitchforks, let's storm the castle! The monster is in there!

Jeff, the pic from that person we discussed is on it's way. Let me know when it arrives.

DaveTRON

Traahn
User

on Tuesday, January, 04, 2005 5:07 AM

Disney --------------------------------------------^

LOL.

PS: Right on!! Thanks Dave!

Compucore
User

on Tuesday, January, 04, 2005 7:41 AM
Transforms into the green hulk. CC needs to smash diesney in what they are doing to Tron Licensing. Need to show proper way of selling Tron.

DaveTRON Wrote:Get the pitchforks, let's storm the castle! The monster is in there!

Jeff, the pic from that person we discussed is on it's way. Let me know when it arrives.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

harpo989
User

Re: Disney should sell the Tron license. Seriousl

on Tuesday, January, 04, 2005 2:32 PM
Traahn Wrote:Get over yourselves, Disney, BVI and Disney/BVI shareholders, and do something with the license. Sell it or do more with it -- including making a better name for it. {snip} Your short-sidedness with the license reminds me of Rex Reed's shortsidedness when Tron originally came out. Your lack of marketing capabilities with regards to the license tells me the license would be better understood elsewhere.

Well said, Traahn! Well said.

A few s ought to convince them, no?

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

Traahn
User

on Tuesday, January, 04, 2005 4:55 PM
Yes, a few of those, and an army of these:

And these:
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, January, 05, 2005 12:42 AM

All that matters to me, is that the film gets made and Steven Lisberger is allowed to have full control over it so it turns out exactly the way he wants.

Whether Disney makes the movie or not, is not that big a deal to me. Of course, it would be great if Disney agreed with this and went ahead and did it. I would have to say that Disney at least knows how market films well.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

harpo989
User

on Wednesday, January, 05, 2005 3:47 PM
That's very true.
it really doesn't matter (well, it shouldn't) what the studio is, as long as Steven makes it like he wants to make it.

Just wondering, but if Disney's not using the film licence, wouldn't they make more money if they sold it rather than letting it sit around? ...or are they making money (not a lot, but still) from the video games? That might be the only reason I see for them not selling it.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

Tron Fanatic
User

on Friday, January, 07, 2005 3:20 PM
Eisner dissolved Disney's classic animation department. The guy has no clue what he's doing anymore, but now EVERYONE knows it. Maybe when someone new gets in the saddle, we can see some real results. Unfortunately he won't be leaving until 07.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

'>

KiaPurity
User

on Friday, January, 07, 2005 8:02 PM
I agree.

I mean, they're not doing anything with it. It's a disappointment that us, the fans have to suffer. >:/

I hope something big happens real soon.

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Compucore
User

on Friday, January, 07, 2005 9:56 PM
Wouldn't it be interesting if it was someone els from Tron-sector that would hav taken the helm there for it.

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Tron Fanatic
User

on Saturday, January, 08, 2005 2:54 PM
Heheh. If I won the lottery today, negotiations would start tomorrow.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

'>

Traahn
User

on Sunday, January, 09, 2005 11:43 PM
I have some ideas, but honestly I don't know if I want to give Disney any ideas at this point. I'm sure they've all been heard anyways.

I'd rather build my own script and make it myself than give ideas to an inertial juggernaut who will either not care or who will steal it.

Why submit ideas for them? They already tried/wanted to steal Tron 2.0 fan missions.

Don't worry.... I'm not being too serious here. I'm kind've bummed by and frustrated with Disney at the moment, but I'm sure my feelings will pass. Maybe I'm just having a bad day

I almost posted my thoughts, but then I thought better of it; that's all.

Besides, Lisberger has apparently already created and shown them a script. Hopefully they'll use his story. I'll assume Lisberger knows what he's doing story-wise, considering he knew what he was doing when he made the content for Tron.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Traahn
User

on Thursday, January, 13, 2005 7:20 PM
Sweet! I'm the Nastrodamus of Tron:
I would absolutely love a big budget re-make or sequel to the movie, but if that will never happen with the license in the hands of Disney, then they should....
i think Disney took my advice. Is it just coincidence that they announce they're going to do a remake just less than two weeks after my post?

Okay, I've brought myself back to earth now

Hmm, I guess they could be doing my 2nd option (a low budget version), but obviously I'd prefer the big budget version

It seems Disney has NOT lost complete faith in Tron yet. Let's not make them feel as though we don't appreciate them doing this. I'm kind've surprised there's so much negative energy around this announcement. Try to imagine the possibilities with this rather than focus on what you think will go wrong.

Alan#1
User

on Saturday, May, 07, 2005 9:47 PM
If Disney Lost faith in the Tron Fandom, they should seriously check this cool site out and get us the Fans ( Pardon my syntax error) Input and see what there really missing out on!!!

End Of Lineorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

" It all looked so easy, on the other side of the screen!"

Compucore
User

on Saturday, May, 07, 2005 10:35 PM
They should check us out here. I am sure that Mr.Liseberger comes in without usknow and sifts through the openm posts here and checks out our idea here and there and maybe try and uses something for the sequel film. I could be wrong as well too.opn this. Some one at disney like some people here has mentioned. Should come on in and check us out here. Even get some input about things or show us something that we could critic on for them.

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

FreedomForever
User

on Saturday, May, 28, 2005 1:59 PM
Traahn Wrote:Yes, a few of those, and an army of these:

And these:

True. Those would convince anyone.
Have Darksaber7 add a spot of just to be sure, though. And Harpo can contribute a or a bunch of 's. And Trace could throw in a , if we're lucky.

Traahn
User

on Sunday, May, 29, 2005 12:40 AM
LOL!

FreedomForever
User

on Sunday, May, 29, 2005 12:28 PM
Darksaber, you corrupted my 's! And Harpo, those 's ate Trace's ! I'm going to go and ask my User for help. SHE won't screw anything up.

Qix77
User

on Monday, July, 11, 2005 7:14 AM
If I remeber right, Cindy Morgan is willing to return. She returned for the 2.0 game. Bruce may also come back and he also returned for 2.0.

I'm not sure if Jeff Bridges would but if not, they could write around the story like they did for 2.0 and Cindy could still play the role of Ma3a.

The story for the game was really good. If the script was written with more detail for a movie, I'd be very happy.

But if Dis doesn't do anything with it, let Steven take it and find someone who will.

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY