on Thursday, March, 30, 2017 9:49 PM
Ping.

Watched on a 300 inch home projector.

WildWill
User

RE: Another dose of TRON!

on Saturday, June, 17, 2017 12:09 AM
PING
Decided to show the original to my 10 year old daughter tonight, she's seen it but she doesn't remember.  She's seen Legacy too in the theaters, but she was little - we even went to the Los ANgeles popup store and did a "color your own lightcycle" event back then.  

This all stemmed from her watching Daft Punk's anime Interstella 5555 and falling in love with Daft Punk's music...so then I told her about Legacy and she's dying to watch that but she needs to watch the original first.

I thin it still holds up nicely.  Hell I still think that the innards of computers look like the grid.

matthew180
User

on Sunday, June, 25, 2017 1:12 PM
I watched TRON last on 70mm film at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood.  They were doing an 80's month and screened TRON several times.  They said that the film they had has been in archives for a long time (possibly never run through a projector before), and it looked beautiful an it was awesome to see it on the big screen.  I went with a few friends, and there were some original Intellivision software developers in the audience too, signing game boxes for some collectors.

How are you going to control the universe if you can't answer a few unsolvable problems?

Agent 82
User

on Wednesday, June, 28, 2017 5:16 PM
PING and PING!

Last night I watched Tron for the 25th time, and I forgot to ping the 24th time I watched it, which was late July 2014. I couldn't believe it had been nearly 3 years since I last watched Tron! From now on I'm watching it at least once a year, hopefully more!

FirstPrevious Page: of 26 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Another dose of TRON!