General Discussion 
 Another dose of TRON!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 26 Pages
Traahn
User

RE: Another dose of TRON!

on Wednesday, September, 16, 2015 1:56 AM
Wow, this thread died a couple years ago.  Sad, after having so many posts, and going for almost ten years.

Well, I haven't watched (Tron) for a while, so I can't re-rez it for myself... but I just stumbled upon a website where a couple people (Mr. Uncommon Geek, and Mrs. Uncommon Geek) talk about their experience in seeing it on the big screen recently.  So, I'll re-rez the thread for that   They have a 15 minute podcast of his experience at the bottom of the page... and it's clear, they (especially him) definitely like   Even posts a photo he took of the 70mm film itself!  Good idea!  I've never thought to ask the theater to see the reel/film itself when I've watched the 70mm movie a small handful of times in theaters the past fifteen years.

I wonder if he's a member here?  Maybe he's posted it here before.  At any rate, here is the link:

http://uncommongeek.com/2015/09/02/seeing-tron-on-the-big-screen-from-the-original-70mm-podcast-included/

End of line.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

MCPcomputer
User

on Thursday, September, 24, 2015 5:39 PM

I've been watching Tron a lot of DVD lately.
I would love to see it on the big screen!!

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Traahn
User

on Wednesday, October, 14, 2015 1:08 AM
I would like a big screen viewing soon.  Wonder where the 70mm print is floating around these days

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Rinzler73
User

on Tuesday, February, 23, 2016 6:37 AM
I'll resurrect this thread. Just watched Tron again last night, through Plex on my Nvidia Shield Android Tv, the digital copy is a 23gb Blu-Ray rip (mkv) with DTS 5.1 audio. I watch it at least every week, gotta be my favorite all time film, it just takes me back like no other.

typicaltronname
User

on Tuesday, February, 23, 2016 9:12 PM
I watched Tron last night after not seeing it for at least a year. 

I was noticing all the little details and differences between Legacy. 

For instance, in Tron, Flynn didn't need a disc to go back to the real world, in Legacy, though, Sam needs a disc to get back. 

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

EXODUS
User

on Wednesday, February, 24, 2016 8:21 AM
typicaltronname Wrote:I watched Tron last night after not seeing it for at least a year. 

I was noticing all the little details and differences between Legacy. 

For instance, in Tron, Flynn didn't need a disc to go back to the real world, in Legacy, though, Sam needs a disc to get back. 
Maybe he needed it in order to bring Quorra into the Real World (on the grounds that she's not a human), and safe from Clu's clutches?
(I'm still here by the way, just been a bit busy lately  )

FirstPrevious Page: of 26 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Another dose of TRON!