General Discussion 
 Another dose of TRON!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 26 Pages
Traahn
User

RE: Another dose of TRON!

on Wednesday, September, 16, 2015 1:56 AM
Wow, this thread died a couple years ago.  Sad, after having so many posts, and going for almost ten years.

Well, I haven't watched (Tron) for a while, so I can't re-rez it for myself... but I just stumbled upon a website where a couple people (Mr. Uncommon Geek, and Mrs. Uncommon Geek) talk about their experience in seeing it on the big screen recently.  So, I'll re-rez the thread for that   They have a 15 minute podcast of his experience at the bottom of the page... and it's clear, they (especially him) definitely like   Even posts a photo he took of the 70mm film itself!  Good idea!  I've never thought to ask the theater to see the reel/film itself when I've watched the 70mm movie a small handful of times in theaters the past fifteen years.

I wonder if he's a member here?  Maybe he's posted it here before.  At any rate, here is the link:

http://uncommongeek.com/2015/09/02/seeing-tron-on-the-big-screen-from-the-original-70mm-podcast-included/

End of line.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

MCPcomputer
User

on Thursday, September, 24, 2015 5:39 PM

I've been watching Tron a lot of DVD lately.
I would love to see it on the big screen!!

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Traahn
User

on Wednesday, October, 14, 2015 1:08 AM
I would like a big screen viewing soon.  Wonder where the 70mm print is floating around these days

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Rinzler73
User

on Tuesday, February, 23, 2016 6:37 AM
I'll resurrect this thread. Just watched Tron again last night, through Plex on my Nvidia Shield Android Tv, the digital copy is a 23gb Blu-Ray rip (mkv) with DTS 5.1 audio. I watch it at least every week, gotta be my favorite all time film, it just takes me back like no other.

typicaltronname
User

on Tuesday, February, 23, 2016 9:12 PM
I watched Tron last night after not seeing it for at least a year. 

I was noticing all the little details and differences between Legacy. 

For instance, in Tron, Flynn didn't need a disc to go back to the real world, in Legacy, though, Sam needs a disc to get back. 

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

EXODUS
User

on Wednesday, February, 24, 2016 8:21 AM
typicaltronname Wrote:I watched Tron last night after not seeing it for at least a year. 

I was noticing all the little details and differences between Legacy. 

For instance, in Tron, Flynn didn't need a disc to go back to the real world, in Legacy, though, Sam needs a disc to get back. 
Maybe he needed it in order to bring Quorra into the Real World (on the grounds that she's not a human), and safe from Clu's clutches?
(I'm still here by the way, just been a bit busy lately  )

Encom511
User

on Saturday, July, 02, 2016 7:18 PM
Ping!

..so I took a wrong turn somewhere!  I just watched Tron uninterrupted late last night on my laptop with some really good headphones.  The music and sound effects make up a lot of why the movie is so good.  You can really hear that bass when Sark turns into a giant and walks a few steps!

Did you ever notice that Flynn was never really worried in the computer world?  He laughed at Sark.  He didn't seem to care about what Lori or Tron thought.  That was pretty cool.  I think he knew he couldn't be hurt in that world.

Ahh...the summer of '82!  Just graduated from high school.  Played a lot of GORF, Bosconian, Asteroids, Defender, and of course Tron with the blue joystick!!!   Good times!

FirstPrevious Page: of 26 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Another dose of TRON!