Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 'Baking' textures? Anyone?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Falty
User

on Saturday, October, 25, 2003 1:53 PM
Hey all, i'm moving right along with my level and i was wondering if anyone knows if there's a way to 'Bake' textures onto objects. for example if i make a box and texture it so the edges are glowing i want to make a pyramid out of it. I can get the geometry to form the pyramid but the texture doesn't follow the edges. If i can bake the UVW coordinates on it it WOULD follow the edges. Any ideas?

dmiller
User

Re: 'Baking' textures? Anyone?

on Friday, November, 14, 2003 1:20 AM
This is tough to do in dedit. Most of the aligning was done in Maya. My best recommendation is to clip the edges of the geometry where you want the texture and try aligning it there.

Falty
User

on Saturday, November, 15, 2003 4:33 AM
you know how many polys that would create throughout the level? geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez....good idea but not a feasible solution. I guess i'll have to keep lookin' for a suitable MAX exporterabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

necron_demon
User

on Friday, January, 16, 2004 4:02 PM
open the texture in something like MS PAINT --shudder--
figuer out what the shape is. use the line tool to traw the outline of the pyramid. erase the outside of it. sav as a new file. open in a program like photo shop.
select the area you erased from.
make it treansparent. then you will have the texture the shape of the pyramid. load that.
if it fails, it will re-shape the whole thing so the object has a transparent side, that you se thru and the texture is even MORE SQUISHED! i havent tested it but in theory it should. order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Somebody set up us the bomb!

Nunyas
User

on Tuesday, January, 20, 2004 12:26 PM
It wouldn't work like that. First the transparencies in Dedit/Lithtech are determined from the textures alpha mask (you have to manually create it in Dedit or import a custom 8bit mask) with black being transparent and shades of white determining the amount of glow percieved. So, setting an area to transparent in your graphics editor would have no effect.

Second, if you DID correctly get the textures to be transparent where you want them to be in the game engine then you would sill have 2 sides of your object that will have textures that aren't lining up/connecting with the one or two sides that you set to the odd ball texture. After all, a box with a transparent triangle texture is still a box and the textures being applied to it will reflect that. As the sides that are coangled with the hypotenuse will form right angles versus what ever the angle is for the triangle.

Instead, the easiest way to do it, IMO, is to create a custom texture in the shape of the object that you want to texture. Import that texture into Dedit. Apply the texture to your objects. And then use the 'texture coordinates' dialogue to adjust the texture to fit as you like (the texture coordinates dialogue allows you to stretch/shrink the texture to fit as well as x, y-aligning and angular orientation).where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels