Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 DEdit just minimizes and doesn't run level

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Falty
User

on Tuesday, October, 14, 2003 1:29 AM
After i've processed the map and confirmed that there weren't any issues i go to run it. All i get is DEdit minimizes, then i get a CD icon and then nothing happens. Anyway wanna enlighten me?

User_Program
User

Re: DEdit just minimizes and doesn't run level

on Tuesday, October, 14, 2003 2:19 AM
I had this happen to me when I extracted one of the rez files ( can you run the game not the map ) once I went back to default batch file it worked fine. I have kinda givin up on making any map for now until a little beter support is available.or I know what the hell I doing lol.
User_Programon line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

flynn1978
User

on Wednesday, October, 15, 2003 12:15 PM
I had that same problem last night when I first made a box like in the tutorial. In the tutorial there are things they say to input into the settings for the editor that have to be in it to make your map run.

Trust me and reread and reread again the setting up section in the Tools help guide. If you go and find the exact words you'll know what you've left out that's denying you the satisfaction of testing your map.

Don't ask me what to put in there though--I'm not a an access node for my editor to tell you now.

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

DaZ
User

on Wednesday, October, 15, 2003 4:22 PM
It's likely that you forgot to change game to tron in the lithrez.bat file.

cd "C:\Program Files\Buena Vista Interactive\Tron 2.0\tools"
lithrez x "c:\program files\buena vista interactive\tron 2.0\game2.rez" "c:\program files\buena vista interactive\tron 2.0\game"

Should have tron instead of game as the last word. ex.

lithrez x "c:\program files\buena vista interactive\tron 2.0\game2.rez" "c:\program files\buena vista interactive\tron 2.0\tron"

If this doesn't work let me know and I'll try to think of something else.

Inode
User

on Wednesday, October, 15, 2003 9:08 PM
When you hit the process button and the window comes up, there's a field at the top that you'll need to specify the location of your project file in (TRON20.DEP). Enter that and you should be fine.

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

--
Inode 2.0
Future Control Industries
Toronto, Canada

Falty
User

on Thursday, October, 16, 2003 4:40 PM
Yeah, i've specified where my tron20.dep file is....still nothing

John McFo
User

on Friday, October, 17, 2003 4:50 AM
Hi everyone, my first post!

I had the same problem.
I think your working directory is incorrect. (See point 3)

Fix:
1. Open the options dialog of DEdit
2. Select entry "Run"
3. Insert the following options:
Executable: %YourTronPath%\Lithtech.exe (i.e. C:\Games\3D\Tron20\Lithtech.exe)
Working directory: %YourTronPath%\ (i.e. C:\Games\3D\Tron20\)
Program arguments: -rez engine.rez -rez Game +errorlog 1 +runworld "%WorldName%"

If you have any more poblems, have a look at the file "error.log" in your Tron main path, the argument "+errorlog 1" creates this one.

Inode
User

on Friday, October, 17, 2003 11:10 AM
Falty Wrote:Yeah, i've specified where my tron20.dep file is....still nothing

On the same window after you've pressed the process button, click through the tabs on the left side to find an error message explaining what happened. Something should be in there.

--
Inode 2.0
Toronto, Canada

Falty
User

on Thursday, October, 23, 2003 3:27 AM
In your Lithrez batch file does it say to decompress a file called Gamep.rez? If so i don't have it...i have a Gamedll.rez. Can someone confirm this? Still having trouble running a levelorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Inode
User

on Thursday, October, 23, 2003 9:01 AM
Falty Wrote:In your Lithrez batch file does it say to decompress a file called Gamep.rez?

Here are the contents of an untouched LITHREZ.BAT, but at the same time, what did your error log say?

-- BEGIN TEXT --

lithrez x "c:\program files\buena vista interactive\tron 2.0\game2.rez" "c:\program files\buena vista interactive\tron 2.0\game"
lithrez x "c:\program files\buena vista interactive\tron 2.0\game.rez" "c:\program files\buena vista interactive\tron 2.0\game"
lithrez x "c:\program files\buena vista interactive\tron 2.0\gamep.rez" "c:\program files\buena vista interactive\tron 2.0\game"
lithrez x "c:\program files\buena vista interactive\tron 2.0\sound.rez" "c:\program files\buena vista interactive\tron 2.0\game"
lithrez x "c:\program files\buena vista interactive\tron 2.0\gamep3.rez" "c:\program files\buena vista interactive\tron 2.0\game"
lithrez x "c:\program files\buena vista interactive\tron 2.0\gamep4.rez" "c:\program files\buena vista interactive\tron 2.0\game"

-- END TEXT --

It's also worth noting something that's critical to the successful operation of your installation. The mod tools were re-released with the prefabs first of all. The .ZIP file is about a meg bigger as a result, and when you extract everything using LITHREZ.BAT, you'll notice new directories in the samplemaps folder. The manual was also updated with new information. Here's the most important part that applies to you:

"WARNING: DO NOT extract files from gamedll.rez if you have installed any of the TRON 2.0 Updates (versions 1.020, 1.030, or higher) available for download from the TRON 2.0 web-site. The updates install .dll files that are newer than those included with this editing tool kit. It will cause a conflict that will create an error when you attempt to launch the game. Also, if you have downloaded and installed any new levels or bonus features from the TRON 2.0 web-site, do not use the files contained within the gamedll.rez file."

--
Inode 2.0
Toronto, Canada

Falty
User

on Friday, October, 24, 2003 3:52 PM
This is so frustrating...screw it, i'm just gonna delete it all and reinstall the way THEY want me to...GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Falty
User

on Saturday, October, 25, 2003 12:53 AM
ooooooooooooooooooooooookay....Fresh install of both Tron AND new updated tools...Slate was wiped clean...IT STILL DOESN'T FRIGGIN' WORK!*()^ r ^$()#^$#)^$#)$^@#)*(where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels