Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Help with arguements

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Falty
User

Help with arguements

on Saturday, October, 11, 2003 6:52 PM
Hey all, i installed Tron in a non-default directory. So when i try and run a processed level that i've made it errors out. Can someone please help me with the proper arguements in the Run window? thanks

User_Program
User

Re: Help with arguements

on Saturday, October, 11, 2003 7:14 PM
First did you edit your Lith REZ batch file, if not right click on the lith rez batch file its the file that has a little sprog in a file window and select edit in that file you will see a string that looks like this
cd "C:\Program Files\Buena Vista Interactive\Tron 2.0\tools"
lithrez x "c:\program files\buena vista interactive\tron 2.0\game2.rez" "c:\program files\buena vista interactive\tron 2.0\game"
what ever is the value for your hard drive and folders ect change. then do this for all the rez files, first thought right down the files that you see in the lith rez batch and make sure that there in your new batch save and your set (you may want to save a copy of the lith rez batch file first just in case you make a mistake)this is also in the tron doc tools if my walkthrough was choppy
hope this helps !
User_Programwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Falty
User

on Saturday, October, 11, 2003 8:16 PM
Yep, i've edited the batch file and had the files extracted. The problem is when i've processed a level and i'm about to run it, it tells me there's something wrong in the options menu. I've tried a ton of combinations for paths and whatnot but can't figure it out....what's your program arguements say exactly in your DEdit?

User_Program
User

on Saturday, October, 11, 2003 11:51 PM
o>k ive just run into the same problem I think lol
but my args are
for exec it is C:\Program Files\Buena Vista Interactive\Tron 2.0\LithTech.exe
work dir it is ... ( this is were i think the problem is )
prog args it is -rez engine.rez -rez Game +runworld "%WorldName%"
I can load a level but no texturs are apearing ? all that is happening is I run around a box with light blue walls sound good light radius good no tex any suggestions ?
Keep in touch though I try to help with your prob you can help with mine
User_Program

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Falty
User

on Monday, October, 13, 2003 1:24 AM
When you go to process your level make sure you look at the Import geomtry task on the lefthand side. If you see at the bottom of the list that the textures haven't been imported then you need to corrected the path in the projectpath field under Process settings in the common taborder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Falty
User

on Monday, October, 13, 2003 1:29 AM
Okay, i reinstalled tron and pointed everything to the default directories...it works now. BUT, i have another problem. when i run it all i get is a little disk Icon and then nothing. Ideas?

DaZ
User

on Monday, October, 13, 2003 10:03 AM
It's likely that you forgot to change game to tron in the lithrez.bat file.

lithrez x "c:\program files\buena vista interactive\tron 2.0\game2.rez" "c:\program files\buena vista interactive\tron 2.0\game"

Should have tron instead of game as the last word. ex.

lithrez x "c:\program files\buena vista interactive\tron 2.0\game2.rez" "c:\program files\buena vista interactive\tron 2.0\tron"

Falty
User

on Saturday, October, 25, 2003 12:56 AM
it shouldn't make a difference what directory you've specified...But for arguement's sake i went back and redid it to what you suggested...still doesn't work

Falty
User

Lithtech.exe is broken

on Saturday, October, 25, 2003 1:30 AM
Through back tracking on another user's issue trying run a map i got it to FINALLY work.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Design Characters and Levels 
 Help with arguements