Other Sectors 
 Going up... to space.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Sketch
Sector Admin

Going up... to space.

on Tuesday, September, 16, 2003 6:40 PM
This is by far the strangest space project I have heard of. Nasa has a concept for a SPACE ELEVATOR. *2001 theme plays in the background*

I still think Nasa should make a GIANT slingshot to fling ships into space. That would be fun.
3... 2... 1... Liftoff! *PLOING!*
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Qix77
User

Re: Going up... to space.

on Wednesday, September, 17, 2003 12:27 AM
lol... that would be cool. Just image a huge round ball with windows... with ACME written on the side and Wild E. looking out... lol

In all truth, that would be really cool to watch..

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

KiaPurity
User

on Wednesday, September, 17, 2003 8:22 AM
They would have to come up with a really strong substance to withstand the atomosphere because that thing just burns. o_O

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

FusionAddict
User

on Wednesday, September, 17, 2003 9:51 AM
This has got to be quite possibly the stupidest idea I ever heard.

This thing has "Tower of Babel" written all over it.

The Clu abides, man...

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, September, 17, 2003 2:49 PM
Yeah, but we still remember the Tower of Babel!

DaveTRON

KiaPurity
User

on Wednesday, September, 17, 2003 3:04 PM
Which reminds me.

I need to kick that babel towel's butt in Xenogears.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

MutoidMan
User

on Wednesday, September, 17, 2003 6:08 PM
It's actually an old idea; even ST:Voyager did an episode featuring the technology.

It's also a very good idea. The goal is to be able to put whatever into orbit for the lowest cost per pound, and to be able do it as often as possible.

The cheaper it is to put a pound of something into orbit, the more you can put into orbit. The faster you can put more stuff into orbit, the faster you can get projects (like building a space station) finished. If the crawlers that take stuff up the ribbon don't need to carry any fuel to get into orbit, that's that much more weight that can be brought into orbit. That's also the whole concept behind single-stage-to-orbit, do it in one stage without the costly strap-on tanks and booster rockets currently needed.

In the meantime, as cool as the Shuttle is, I think NASA needs to dust off the plans for the Saturn V moon rocket (no, they aren't lost, NASA has the microfilm) and start cranking them out so we can get back to putting really heavy stuff into orbit (much heavier than the Shuttle ever could), not to mention getting a permanent moon base & mining operation established.

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

Qix77
User

on Thursday, September, 18, 2003 1:23 AM
I agree... I really believe that moon colonies is way over due. We should have started building a long time ago. In doing so, it could lead to amazing discoveries that could change our future forever.

.... but if there is some reason why we shouldn't, then Mars should be the main goal. Nobody knows, but it could be possible that the cure for cancer may be in the red planet's soil.

.... ok.... I'm getting way off subject.......

........ I need more beer.... order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 Going up... to space.