TRON: LEGACY 
 The hype on TRON/TRON 2.0

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
lifeasis
User

on Wednesday, September, 10, 2003 12:22 AM
I was just thinking, they just re-leased this awesome game. Now everyone is into TRON etc. What if the game isn't a HIT. Then what will happen. TRON will always be around, but what will happen to the legacy of TRON. I hope that seriously DOES NOT happen, but what then. What will hold the future for TRON. What will it do to the TRON franchise etc. I was just thinking this & thought I'd ask.

Maybe Cliff or DaveTRON or any of the other sit staff can answer this.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

lifeasis
User

Re: The hype on TRON/TRON 2.0

on Wednesday, September, 10, 2003 12:41 PM
My point is here, that the TRON arcade games back in 1982 got more recognition than the movie itself did. If this new PC game sinks I think it will be a total emberrasment for the TRON franchise. That's a very HUGE risk putting the ENTIRE franchise of 21 years in the hands of a PC/video-game console. You can basicaly kiss ever seeing any future plans for TRON from ever happening good bye.

I just hope this game makes a turn around for the TRON franchise & hopfully 21-25 years later something will pick up.

If the TRON Arcade/bally was a HUGE hit, I easily think the PC/video-game will. Lets hope it happens.

M0b1u5
User

on Wednesday, September, 10, 2003 4:31 PM
Dude, you are pretty pessimistic. I guess you should just go toss yourself off a cliff right now!

The reviews of Tron2.0 are all good. The eyecandy is groundbreaking, the gameplay is easily recognisable, and yet unique at the same time.

If you want to see what happens to a franchise when it all goes wrong, take a look at the "Descent" series of games. *sigh*

But this was due to a complete lack of marketing, and the fact that Interplay are a bunch of registered, card-carrying morons.

Seems to me Tron2.0 is getting pimped all over the planet. If they don't sell at least 250,000 copies at full retail, I'd be very surprised indeed. And if over 1 million are sold, well, that won't surprise me either.

I think the chances of the Tron franchise failing now are zero to nil.

----------------------------------------------
How many escape pods are there? "NONE, SIR!" You counted them? "TWICE, SIR!"

lifeasis
User

on Wednesday, September, 10, 2003 6:30 PM
Mobius,

So in other words you think the game will be a BIG enough hit to possibly do a sequel. I just was wondering, all these Rumors of a sequel to the movie, Not true/true. Either create a sequel after the game or don't. It's that simple.

Toss your self off a cliff right now, I don't think you need to be so HARSH. I'm just stating a point.

END OF LINE, If anybody esle has something "positive" to say, say it.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

DaveTRON
User

on Wednesday, September, 10, 2003 8:55 PM
There are a lot of people here at Disney taking a very serious look at TRON again. I can't tell you more than that from a professional level.

From a fan level view, it makes me all quivery though!

DaveTRON

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, September, 10, 2003 9:28 PM
In all honesty from my point of view. I think they should make a sequel to the original Movie Tron. Look at what Disney and BV to get the game out. IIt an awsome sight to see. Even from the trailers.

t's like the movie and the game have their unique thing that no other movie has. It was the first to take a look inside of the computer. I know matrix and I think Hacker. (Not too sure if that dealt within the movie haven't seen it yet even though its out on vhs and on dvd.) The movie was shot all in a black background. Like one of the guys had said from the anniversary. They had to since there wasn't enough lights in hollywood to make it all white. I don't want to miss quote the exact person. But it you were to take a look in the dvd 20th anniversary. You'll know which person I'm talking about. They were weilding in light when it came to this movie way back in 1982. And with some understanding of how they make movies from the courses that I had taken through the early to mid 90's. All I can say was wow. And understand what they went through in order to get the movie out.

I would love to see the sequel come out on the biug screen as well as on the DVD.

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Scuzzy
User

on Wednesday, September, 10, 2003 10:51 PM
Can you imagine what the result would be if Disney went to Pixar with a sequel?

I can imagine actors in a fully digized set and instead of the back-lighting (which sometimes would lose it's detail in the long shots) they could use CGI to light up the Programs. Heh, the Programs could be all CGI and the User would be composite.

Oh, yeah baby...

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there.

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, September, 10, 2003 11:02 PM
Yeah. Why not let got the next step and be a fully computer animated movie? It would fit it perfectly. They could do it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

KiaPurity
User

on Wednesday, September, 10, 2003 11:13 PM
That'd be a great idea. I really hope Disney does a movie sequel. :3

*____* Which kind of reminds me about this dream I had like, half a year ago where I got to be in the Tron 2.0 sequel. Of course, that was just a dream. X_X Can't blame a silly fan like me for dreaming, eh?abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Thursday, September, 11, 2003 3:10 AM

If Disney wasn't seriously thinking about doing another movie, I don't think they would have even bothered with the game . . . so, I think things look pretty good.

Of course, the linch pin to all this, is how well the game is received. Game does good = Next movie.

And if Disney doesn't choose Pixar to do , I'd be very surprised. Even if Pixar will be an expensive choice. But a good one. I mean, Jon Lasseter (hope I got his name right) who is one of the key animators at Pixar, said is what got him into CGI in the first place. So you can imagine what it would be like, if he was involved in the project. He would put 110% into it, no doubt.

If done right - and I have no doubt that Pixar wouldn't do anything less than their utmost best - would be just as groundbreaking as the original film. Possibly even more so.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

IsoLine
User

on Thursday, June, 17, 2004 1:29 AM
redrain85 Wrote:

If Disney wasn't seriously thinking about doing another movie, I don't think they would have even bothered with the game . . . so, I think things look pretty good.

Of course, the linch pin to all this, is how well the game is received. Game does good = Next movie.

And if Disney doesn't choose Pixar to do , I'd be very surprised. Even if Pixar will be an expensive choice. But a good one. I mean, Jon Lasseter (hope I got his name right) who is one of the key animators at Pixar, said is what got him into CGI in the first place. So you can imagine what it would be like, if he was involved in the project. He would put 110% into it, no doubt.

If done right - and I have no doubt that Pixar wouldn't do anything less than their utmost best - would be just as groundbreaking as the original film. Possibly even more so.

I think what keeps me hopeful about the possiblity of more Tron is the fact that Tron is a pop icon who is loved way more than hated. Even those I know that thought the movie was silly, think it had some potential and connect its inception to alot of the good times they had when they were young. Disney is indeed wise to be looking hard at bolstering the franchise, they need some good scifi franchises as alot of the ones they start lately tend to fall apart before they can rake in the bucks. I still am angry at Touchstone for helping out with that horrible rendition of Starship Troopers we were treated to years ago.

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

Traahn
User

on Wednesday, August, 18, 2004 7:44 PM
I liked the Starship Troopers movie! Not sure why, but I did! It was just different. In watching it again, it's a bit repetitive to see the same one or two creatures attacking all the time. But alas, most video games are that way, too. Halo for the X-Box slightly bored me because of this. For several levels in a row, it was the same creatures fighting you. I like variety.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

The PimpDragon
User

on Wednesday, November, 17, 2004 2:44 PM
Well, I'd say all hope on Pixar being involved with a Tron sequel has flown out the door, what with the split about to happen.

So, I think Disney should get Lisberger involved and make the film with CGI backdrops but with real actors again.

I for one would love to see Bruce and Jeff come back, as well as Cindy. It'd be great if Dillinger gets out of prison and creates a new, completely hardcore Sark program to sock it to Flynn and Encom!

Plus, I just love David Warner. What a class act!

Traahn
User

on Friday, November, 19, 2004 2:27 AM
I couldn't agree with you more, PimpDragon! I'd love to see live actors mixed with CGI again. It'd be especially fantastic to have the old crew come back and be a part of it, including Dan Shor (Ram). Unfortunatley, Ram got derezzed though... so they'd have to make him a different character of course

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY