General Discussion 
 Tron Icons

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Lew
User

Tron Icons

on Thursday, June, 05, 2003 8:23 AM
I can't believe I forgot to upload these…

I created a set of Tron icons for Mac OS X a while back and I just uploaded them. You can download them from http://homepage.mac.com/lwernham/.Pictures/TronIcons.dmg.sit

Here's a preview of some of them:

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Speeder
User

Re: Tron Icons

on Thursday, June, 05, 2003 8:51 AM
Wicked how cool!! Do they work for windows?

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No half-bricks," he said to no-one in particular. "Have to use sand?"
"You're going to attack them with a sockful of sand?"
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

Sourcery by Terry Pratchett

Lew
User

on Thursday, June, 05, 2003 9:36 AM
Speeder Wrote:Wicked how cool!! Do they work for windows?

No, but if someone wants to make Windows XP versions I could convert them to .PNGs or .PSDs and pass them on. XP is a lot more fussy about icons than OS X. In OS X I only need to include a 24-bit 128x128 icon and it'll scale to any size. When I tried to make XP versions (using IconXP) they didn't work too well at other colour depths so you'd need to make 8 and 16-bit versions at 32x32 and 48x48 for it to work well.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Trace
User

on Thursday, June, 05, 2003 12:37 PM
They're gorgeous! Good work, Mimizuku!

Lew
User

on Thursday, June, 05, 2003 12:57 PM
Thanks

flynnsplace
User

on Thursday, June, 05, 2003 1:42 PM
very slick....might have to find a way use them on a PC

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

===========================
"on the other side of the screen it looks so easy"

Compucore
User

on Thursday, June, 05, 2003 5:02 PM
THose are really kewel. Will they work okay for Windows as well??? Like windows 2000 Professional.

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Lew
User

on Thursday, June, 05, 2003 5:25 PM
See my message earlier in this thread. If someone wants to make a set of Windows XP icons I can send them the original images in either Photoshop or PNG format.

Unfortunately they won't work properly in Windows 2000 or below as they rely on the multiple levels of transparency in Windows XP or Mac OS X. The shadows wouldn't work in other versions of Windows and the edges would be horrible and blocky. Windows 2000 and below only allow pixels in icons to be either fully opaque or fully transparent. XP allows for 256 levels of transparency (ie: a pixel can be, say, 50% transparent), which is why they have nice drop-shadows (the background shows through the shadow) and smooth edges.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Tron Icons