Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 The Official X-Men appreciation thread (tm)

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Nikster
User

on Friday, May, 30, 2003 6:57 PM
Ya like the Movies?

Ya like the comics?

Ya like the toys?

How about the games??

The X-Men rock!!!!

I have been a fan since I don't quite remember when (it was about a year before the Fox Kids cartoon, whatever year that was )

My favorite characters are Wolverine, Beast, Storm, Gambit, and most all the original members of Generation X.

I bought a Sega Dreamcast originaly just to be able to play arcade perfect versions of the Capcom 'Marvel Vs.' games (I still have Marvel Vs. Capcom 1 & 2, with all characters/stages unlocked )

The locals in Mt Vernon, Illinois where I live think I am a major geek cuz I was 'camping out' at the theatre on May 2 to see X-Men 2 =) I got to see it for free!

I used to have several action figures, including 'bendies'. I've lost some of them moving tho

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Trace
User

Re: The Official X-Men appreciation thread (tm)

on Friday, May, 30, 2003 6:59 PM
Yesssssss! I love NIGHTCRAWLER!!! They did such a great job with him the in latest movie! Gotta love the X-Men

Nikster
User

on Friday, May, 30, 2003 7:04 PM
Ooohhh...I forgot to mention him

I love how they did him in the movie...it was PERFECT!!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Nikster
User

on Friday, May, 30, 2003 8:47 PM
His tattoos are kinda creepy tho....but I guess it suits the character.

Speeder
User

on Saturday, May, 31, 2003 10:56 AM
My favourite x-men character is toad is sooo cool!!!!!!

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No half-bricks," he said to no-one in particular. "Have to use sand?"
"You're going to attack them with a sockful of sand?"
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

Sourcery by Terry Pratchett

MutoidMan
User

on Saturday, May, 31, 2003 11:26 AM
I've been a fan of Marvel comics in general since I was a kid in the 1970s. Notice Colossus and Shadowcat making appearances in the second movie? Imagine what they have in store for part 3!

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

Speeder
User

on Saturday, May, 31, 2003 11:35 AM
What there's gonna be a part three?

Rincewind thought about this and then, with an air of finality, started to take off his last sock.
"No half-bricks," he said to no-one in particular. "Have to use sand?"
"You're going to attack them with a sockful of sand?"
"No, I'm going to run away from them. The sockful of sand is for when they follow.

Sourcery by Terry Pratchett

Nikster
User

on Saturday, May, 31, 2003 4:41 PM
Well....I know the Phoenix is gonna show up, you can tell just by what happens in X2. This could possibly mean the Hellfire club is gonna at LEAST make an appearance.

So far, I think the movie is doing a good job with representing the comic. Sure, it's not PERFECT..but think about it...the X-Men have over 30 years of stuff going on. It would be IMPOSSIBLE to get everything and portray it exactly as it was in the comic. I think the liberties they've taken make sense and really help the story. I cannot wait till X3!

To those who do like like certain aspects of the story...just remember, that this is not the MAIN X-Men Universe...I'm sure Marvel considers this to be another one of their 'alternate futures' or whatever. So don't freak TOO much over things that happen here (ie Rogue being with Iceman instead of Gambit)

KiaPurity
User

on Sunday, June, 01, 2003 8:07 PM
I'm both Gambit and Rogue fan. ^^; They're such great as a couple!
Except the movies have heavily disappointed me. Rogue seems so... *weak*. Come on, throw in Ms. Marvel and Rogue can be ...herself. :P I also didn't like that she seemed to be Iceman's accessority in the second movie. In the novelization for the second movie, she had more of a role, but go figure.
In the novelization written by Chris Claremont (I have most of his comics), there's two kick-butt scenes with Gambit in 'em. (Cameo, yes, but that got cut. SMITE!)
If they do bring Gambit in X3, I'll be deliriously happy to the point that I'll bite anything in my range.
(...hey, I'm 39% geek.)

Edit-- I forgot to mention that I'm such a GxR fan to the point that I use both Gambit and Rogue on my team in Marvel vs Capcom 2 or X-Men vs Streetfighter. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Nikster
User

on Wednesday, June, 04, 2003 12:36 PM
KiaPurity Wrote:
I forgot to mention that I'm such a GxR fan to the point that I use both Gambit and Rogue on my team in Marvel vs Capcom 2 or X-Men vs Streetfighter.

Awwwwwwwww..............
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

bluy20203
User

on Wednesday, March, 25, 2009 6:01 PM
I like gambit
he's my hero,
oh and so is the X-MAN
he's a mutant that formed together when the brains of bruce banner, professor X, and reed Richards tried saving the world from galactus!
(What if? issue #2)

KiaPurity
User

on Wednesday, March, 25, 2009 6:41 PM
...wow, I never thought I'd see this thread again. o_O

Still the same shipper and eagerly awaiting X-Men:TAS on dvd. :Pabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Alan1
User

on Wednesday, March, 25, 2009 9:39 PM
KiaPurity Wrote:...wow, I never thought I'd see this thread again. o_O

Still the same shipper and eagerly awaiting X-Men:TAS on dvd. :P

No kiddin! I thought Trace and Nixter were back! oh well...

Appropriate because Gambit is in Origins, can't wait!where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"This isn't happening, it only thinks it's happening"-Kevin Flynn
https://www.facebook.com/pages/LightEars/935720649794384

shadow_user
User

on Wednesday, March, 25, 2009 10:06 PM
Marvel Vs. Capcom s why I have MAME.

Mental Sector

achilles
User

on Tuesday, March, 31, 2009 11:57 AM
just noticed this thread. must pwn up.

this was my first issue:

grandfather bought it for me at an nyc subway newstand - cant remember exactly where.

believe i have issues #200-300 strait - with random older back issues - #52 i think is my oldest. Also have the earliest issues of X-Factor and New Mutants. got over it when:

- prices for single issues filled with more ads than art went up to $2+

- they turned it into 10 different series

- mark silvestri and jim lee left marvel

- family left nyc and i had less access to shops anyway so i guess it all worked out.

didnt get back into comics again until i was an adult - went through a brief period of ordering books through mail and discovered some cool stuff - Saga of the Metabarons, Empty Zone, E.V.E Protomecha - when i moved myself back to nyc i was able to hit shops all the time and get random stuff - discovered NYC Mech, DMZ, and then the Tron books hit ...

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors