Tron 2.0 
 Tron 2.0 System Requirements have changed

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Monday, May, 12, 2003 10:20 PM

I noticed that over at tron20.net, the System Requirements for have changed. Here's what they read now.

Operating System: Windows® 98/Me/2000*/XP*
CPU: Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon 500Mhz
Memory: 128MB RAM (256MB for Windows XP)
Video System: 32MB Direct3D-compatible video card with Hardware T&L, 32-bit color, DirectX 9 compatible driver
Minimum: GeForce2 video card or comparable video card with T&L
Recommended: GeForceFX graphics cards from NVIDIA
Hard Disk Space: 2.23MB free Hard Drive Space for installation
Additional hard drive space for a Windows swap file and saved game files.
CD-ROM: 4X CD-ROM
Audio System: 16-bit DirectX 9-compatible sound card
Multiplayer
Internet: (2-16 players) 56k modem, DSL, Cable Modem for Multiplayer Disc Arenas gameplay
Network (1- 8 players) LAN TCP/IP compliant network for Multiplayer Light Cycle gameplay
DirectX™ 9 (included)

From what I remember of the specs from before:

Processor speed dropped from 1 Ghz to 500 MHz
Memory dropped from 256 MB to 128 MB minimum
Video card recommendation has been upgraded to GeForce FX or similar
Hard disk space has increased a little (I think they meant GB, not MB!)
DirectX 9 is now the API used
Lightcycle racing over LAN emphasized now, it was downplayed before

Hmm, well I'm sure the game will run on these minimum specs . . . but I wouldn't want to try it, myself.

Now, what's this about DirectX 9? As much as I love to see improved graphics, I kind of hope the game only uses DirectX 8.1 hardware shaders.

I figure they went to DirectX 9 for other reasons. Or, more like I hope. Otherwise, I'll have to upgrade my video card again.

Oh yeah, and there's a spelling mistake on the front page. "Rebecca Romijn-Stamos revs up the Tron 2.0 Game _Gridas_".

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Compucore
User

Re: Tron 2.0 System Requirements have changed

on Tuesday, May, 13, 2003 10:16 PM
They probably modified it a little bit to make sure that it was clear enough. Since there are probably some PII's that are also running at 500's. Don't remember exactly. Maybe one of the others can check that upto see if there was a PII and a PII running at 500 MHZ.

Maybe thy were able to optimize some of the coding that didn't need that much more ram. And it dropped a little bit. But to tell you the truth sometimes its good to have that little extra memory. Just to be safe you know sometimes you can stop certain programs from swapping to the hard drive. Like the earlier versions of windows 95-ME were very well known to swap like the dickens when its under 128 megs. But as soon as you were to up the memory to 384 or 512 megs of memory. You didn't see any swapping at all. And was loaded to upper memory. So it varied alittle bittoo with what kind of software you were running as well.

But hopefully Tron 2.0 will be fantastic to see and play on.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

MutoidMan
User

on Tuesday, May, 13, 2003 10:30 PM
PIIs ended at 450MHz which is also where PIIIs began.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

Tron 2.0 Message Board will go live soon

on Tuesday, May, 13, 2003 11:21 PM

It looks like the tron20.net message board is almost ready. There's a message in there from the administrator. But if you try to post a message, it doesn't work yet.

Back to the game . . . since uses partial black backgrounds and some flat colors, it means there's a bit less to draw every frame, than your typical FPS. Which is why I can believe the game will run on a 500 MHz processor.

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

KiaPurity
User

on Tuesday, May, 13, 2003 11:57 PM
their concept art gallery isn't working.

Okay, what the heck is wrong with them? Nvidia cards!? Nvidia is the microsoft of video cards, bleeh! Even they don't work that well with my PC. (My PC originally came with a nvidia card... it was one of the cards that had serious problems and such. I'm glad that I was able to finally get the card replaced with ATI Rage Fury Pro.)
(Also, it seems to be very unfair to the consumer if games say that they will support only one brand of video card instead of giving them a choice.)

Do I really have a choice? It's not clear? Do I have to *have* to use a Nvidia card?

...which reminds me, I'm grabbing ATI R9700 or R9800 sometime. I need to get that done... only if I had the money. Stupid job decided not to hire me back. >:E

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

MutoidMan
User

on Wednesday, May, 14, 2003 1:02 AM
KiaPurity WroteAlso, it seems to be very unfair to the consumer if games say that they will support only one brand of video card instead of giving them a choice.)

Do I really have a choice? It's not clear? Do I have to *have* to use a Nvidia card?

From the TRON 2.0 site:

SUPPORTED CHIPSETS*

NVIDIA GeForce4; NVIDIA GeForce3; NVIDIA GeForce2; NVIDIA GeForce 256; ATI Radeon 9700; ATI Radeon 9000; ATI Radeon 8500; ATI Radeon 7500; ATI Radeon 7200; ATI Radeon; Matrox Parhelia 512

A new Radeon should be fine. They probably recommend an NVIDIA card because NVIDIA helped develop the glow, so I'm sure it runs slightly better on an NVIDIA card.

I'm hoping the Treasury Secretary approves a new PC purchase for the end of this year. I'm due for a new PC; my current PC is 1998 vintage.

At the moment I'm shooting for:

P4 (90nm Prescott core -
- 16KB L1 Cache, 1MB L2 Cache
- 13 new instructions - SSE3? - for speeding up specific apps like media and games; the 13 includes two new instructions to speed up Hyper-Threading) on the 800MHz bus at 3.2GHz+
1GB+ DDR400 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 Ultra

With any luck, by the time the end of the year rolls around the P4 will be up to 4GHz, Intel will have put out a chipset that supports DDR2 and NVIDIA will have the next-gen GF FX ready to go.

Imagine TRON 2.0 on that rig.

It'd be a gooooood Christmas.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, May, 14, 2003 2:40 AM

Like MutoidMan said, you don't have to worry, Kia. It would be pretty dumb to make the game run on nVidia cards exclusively.

Though nVidia and Electronic Arts (I think it was EA) got together, and decided that EA would make their games run BETTER on nVidia cards . . . GRUMBLE! I should send a Recognizer to crush nVidia and EA for that.

nVidia EA

I think the site is pushing nVidia because they got better support from them (technical, and probably financial too).

Heh, I would buy a Radeon 9800 or even a 9700 in a heartbeat, if I could afford it right now. Probably the All-In-Wonder version. But they still cost way too much.

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

KiaPurity
User

on Wednesday, May, 14, 2003 5:29 PM
Yeah, but they're better, IMO.

Whew! Yeah, there's a choice. WHEEEW. X_X

Thought I was going to have a heart attack but I know I'm definitely NOT buying any games from EA because of Nvidia.

In any case, I'll have to try to scrape together my last paycheck and some of my previous paycheck plus my birthday money and pray.

tron_fanfare
User

on Wednesday, May, 14, 2003 5:51 PM
ive never been impressed by the all-in-wonder series. Now keep in mind i havent worked with any reciently (last 6 months or so) but my expeirence is yes they do everything but not everything well. I have been much happier with the stand alone products (radeon 9700 pro and wintv decoder card separate slots) please feel free to correct me if im wrong

Edited for spelling

"How are ya gonna run the universe if you can't even answer a few unsolvable problems?" - Flynn in the real world

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, May, 14, 2003 7:01 PM

tron_fanfare Wrote:ive never been impressed by the all-in-wonder series. Now keep in mind i havent worked with any reciently (last 6 months or so) but my expeirence is yes they do everything but not everything well. I have been much happier with the stand alone products (radeon 9700 pro and wintv decoder card separate slots) please feel free to correct me if im wrong

Edited for spelling

Well, I'll admit that for gaming the AIW cards weren't the best choice. But for overall usability and features, I've always felt they were top-notch for the price. I still have the first AIW Radeon in my old computer.

But things have changed, starting with the 9700. The AIW 9700 Radeon card is just as fast as the stand-alone 9700. Same goes for the AIW 9800. I'm glad ATI changed their minds about this.

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, May, 14, 2003 7:30 PM
I'm very sure that they are Mentioning the NVida for a good reason. There are many other video card manufacturer out there that are producing some videocards with the nvida Chip set on them. So your not really limited to a single brand that has just the NVdia chip set on them. Kia you have mentioned one of them which happens to be ATI Radeon. Which is a good brand of video cards. There are also some others out there like Jaton, Microstar international, Asus, Aopen(Benq), which are others out there making video cards with the same specs approximately. Give or take on which model you are looking for. In this case for thr game like tron. I am sure that the others will meet the same requirements as well for the game.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

tron_fanfare
User

on Wednesday, May, 14, 2003 8:09 PM
Kia if your running short on cash for vidoe card upgrade chkeck out www.pricewatch.com. You could prolly pick a gf3 64mb for under $100 new there. Its a search engine lijke MySimon it will give the best price it finds out of the sites its able to check. Great site. Good luck kia

"How are ya gonna run the universe if you can't even answer a few unsolvable problems?" - Flynn in the real world

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, May, 14, 2003 8:18 PM
tron_fanfare Wrote:Kia if your running short on cash for vidoe card upgrade chkeck out www.pricewatch.com. You could prolly pick a gf3 64mb for under $100 new there. Its a search engine lijke MySimon it will give the best price it finds out of the sites its able to check. Great site. Good luck kia

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, May, 14, 2003 8:18 PM
tron_fanfare Wrote:Kia if your running short on cash for vidoe card upgrade chkeck out www.pricewatch.com. You could prolly pick a gf3 64mb for under $100 new there. Its a search engine lijke MySimon it will give the best price it finds out of the sites its able to check. Great site. Good luck kia

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

tron_fanfare
User

on Wednesday, May, 14, 2003 9:27 PM
should be good to canada too but will have extra shipping im sure

Compucore
User

on Wednesday, May, 14, 2003 10:19 PM
I'll take a look into it when I get a chance to.

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

KiaPurity
User

on Thursday, May, 15, 2003 3:52 PM

<---changed recognizer to blue because of alegience on the board lol

Er. I said that I don't like Nvidia... :P but I suppose I could bug pricewatch....

tron_fanfare
User

on Friday, May, 16, 2003 10:31 PM
I was a big fan of nvidia until i\I got my radeon card...was blown away just running the silly screen saver that came with it! lol Nvidia has one advantage though.,...CHEAP only reason i suggested it...check that site though you might find a deciently priced ATI brand card too. Ive built probably 30 or 40 pc's off that site =)

Compucore
User

on Friday, May, 16, 2003 10:46 PM
be thankful they are not putting it on something like the 3d labs high end cards from them which run in the several thousand dollars for the higher ends.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0