General Discussion 
 TRON Arcade@ EPCOT

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Alan1
User

TRON Arcade@ EPCOT

on Tuesday, April, 22, 2003 1:54 PM
I know I asked this b4, but does anyone have any info on the proposed TRON arcade that never happened in 1982 when they were building EPCOT? It had a cool mural and I would love to see it. Also, I heard that there was , at some point, a "TRON Tunnel" at Disneyland. Can anyone confirm?
Acknowlege

"This isn't happening, it only thinks it's happening"-Kevin Flynn
https://www.facebook.com/pages/LightEars/935720649794384

Lew
User

Re: TRON Arcade@ EPCOT

on Tuesday, April, 22, 2003 3:06 PM
The Tron Tunnel was part of the monorail system at Disneyland. I visited the States back in 1989 and rode the monorail as many times as I could, just for that bit. It was basically a tunnel with the computer-generated tunnel sequence from the film projected on the walls. Very cool where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Hale-XF11
User

on Tuesday, April, 22, 2003 3:15 PM
Wow, I had no idea they had anything even that extensive planned at Epcot way back then. When I worked at Disney World last summer I couldn't see anything acknowledging Tron in any way, shape or form. I was not too surprised as Disney World hasn't really made too many drastic changes in the past decade. Maybe they figured people weren't that interested in Tron and then canned the idea of an arcade.

When you go to Epcot now, they have this semi-arcade of games, meaning they only have games for home consoles made by Disney-Interactive. That's understandable, but it's not that exciting and nothing I can't do when I go to Walmart to play games there, and I don't really even do that unless I'm trying out a game I might buy. I only wish they at least had an environmental Discs of Tron for all to play. Maybe that game is even too rare for Disney.

I was also searching for DDR-Disney Mix and couldn't find that at Epcot either. When I asked an attendant, he said they got rid of it. What for? who knows.

Epcot just doesn't feel as futuristic as it did 10 yrs. ago.

Maybe it all comes down to supply and demand. Maybe sales for Tron 2.0 will have an effect on decisions made for future Disney World attractions? let's hope so.
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

Auric
Sector Creator

DDR Disney Mix

on Tuesday, April, 22, 2003 3:19 PM
That is in Innovations East... In a small domed room along with the Jungle Book DDR.

You can *sometimes* find Tron stuff to buy at the Curious shop at the front of Disney-MGM Studios. I picked up a few posters and B&W press kit there.

Dave "Auric" Hernly
Sector Administrator

Hale-XF11
User

on Tuesday, April, 22, 2003 3:22 PM
ya know, I went there and looked and couldn't find it (i get lost easily). When I asked the attendant, he said they didn't have it anymore. Maybe he was wrong. I don't know. I sure would have liked to try it out though. maybe next time, thanks for the heads-up anyway.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

-------------------------------------+megalith music+-------------------------------------

sondlar
User

on Tuesday, April, 22, 2003 6:23 PM
Heh, am I the only one who doesn't know what DDR is?

Waiting for

Trace
User

on Tuesday, April, 22, 2003 7:45 PM
Nope, you're not the only one, sondlar

I remember the ride at Disneyland with the Tron theme. It was the People Mover in Tomorrowland. The original idea for the PeopleMover was a futuristic mode of transportation--very cool in the 50s, I'm sure. But as that got outdated, they added this section where the MCP "takes over" control of the ride and it had some psychidelic lights and shots from the movie. Kinda fun.

It's not there anymore, however. It's been replaced by the Rocket Rods.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Sketch
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, April, 22, 2003 7:57 PM
Did anyone ever see at EPCOT the 3D Murray Lerner's film "Magic Journerys"? Just wondering because my OMNIS book says that was amoung the last computer work Triple-I did for Disney.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Hale-XF11
User

on Wednesday, April, 23, 2003 10:15 AM
DDR is Dance Dance Revolution. You know the game when you walk into the arcade and see the crazy looking people stomping their feet on a controller pad (namely me). So they came out with a Disney version (hard to find) that includes a bunch of recognizable Disney tunes in dance format for DDR arcade.

Sketch, I remember that film, It was wonderful. For something that was made basically to showcase the 3-D effect of reality and computer graphics combined, it worked out quite well. I remember the floating 3-D butterflies being the coolest part. Boy, that was awhile ago! I'm feeling older already order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

MutoidMan
User

on Wednesday, April, 23, 2003 1:08 PM
You want arcade games at Disney World, you need to go to Disney Quest in Downtown Disney. They have tons of arcade games there, all the latest stuff.

However, my favorite section is the classic games section which has loads of perfect-condition games like Space War, Lunar Lander, Space Invader, Spy Hunter, Asteroids, Asteroids Deluxe, Zaxxon, Dig Dug, Pac Man and of course Tron! I don't remember if they have Discs of Tron; of course my brain was spinning and I was drooling at the sight of all the classic games so I don't remember too much.

Best of all, it only costs somewhere around $40 to get in (as I recall; I don't know for sure because it was about two years ago and I chose it as the bonus on my Ultimate Park Hopper pass, so I didn't pay to get in). "$40 just to get in is 'Best of all?!?'" you say? It is when EVERY ARCADE GAME IN THE PLACE IS FREE. No coins, no tokens. Just press start. Anybody who was into going to the arcades in the '80s would cough up $40 just to see all the original cabinets in pristine condition, not to mention to experience the delight of discovering that all of the controls feel new! My wife almost had to drag me out of there kicking and screaming.

Disney Quest is way boss and I can't wait to go back!

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

Alan1
User

on Friday, April, 25, 2003 7:27 AM
Thanks for the update. I remember "Magic Journeys" Very cool 3D. I remember kids on a merry-go-round trying to grab a gold ring that was floating above the audience. Once "Captain EO" moved in, they moved the movie to Tomorrow Land in the MK. They had a brief TRON wormhole scene in Journey to imagination b4 they screwed it up.

"This isn't happening, it only thinks it's happening"-Kevin Flynn
https://www.facebook.com/pages/LightEars/935720649794384

FusionAddict
User

on Friday, April, 25, 2003 12:09 PM
Hale-XF11 Wrote:I worked at Disney World last summer

Really? Which park? I worked at MK-Tomorrowland Attractions at Alien Encounter, Astro Orbiter, and Space Mountain (which has, or at least had, a Lisberger studios animation loop as part of the post show during the "robot boy and robot dog" scene...it may have since been removed since FedEx no longer sponsors the ride)

The Clu abides, man...

Hale-XF11
User

on Friday, April, 25, 2003 1:41 PM
I worked at Tomorrowland Indy Speedway

Originally I had signed up for Space Mountain but that position was taken by a more established employee, so I got stuck at the racetrack.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

FusionAddict
User

on Friday, April, 25, 2003 4:13 PM
Hale-XF11 Wrote:I worked at Tomorrowland Indy Speedway

Well then, we worked there at the same time, though I don't recognize your name.

You'll be interested in this web site, then...

http://www.geocities.com/spacealienspeedwaybuzz/

It's a web page for Current/Former Tomorrowland cast members, run by Cathy Manno from Alien Encounter.

The Clu abides, man...

Hale-XF11
User

on Friday, April, 25, 2003 4:39 PM
LOL, I didn't stick around long enough to be noticed. My disney experience wasn't so magical, i'll leave it at that.
If you wanna know more about it you can meet me on AIM.

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 TRON Arcade@ EPCOT