Other Sectors 
 Anyone got experience with silly imacs? :p

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
TheJediUnit
User

Re: Anyone got experience with silly imacs? :p

on Wednesday, April, 16, 2003 10:34 AM
I don't think any PC or any operating system can make any savvy user happy when it's not maintained properly or if they're not in control of it's maintenance. I don't see why it's worth pointing out like dislike Macs when not maintained properly when it's obvious any system should draw that same critisizm in the same circumstances.

I'd never judge how much I like any certain car when I'm only test driving one owned by a lazy, uncaring owner that never changes the oil or rotates the tires. That's not the product's fault.

As a matter of fact, I'd say the only reason that computer of yours Kia even works at ALL under such spartan conditions is because it's a well-made Mac.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

TheJediUnit
User

on Wednesday, April, 16, 2003 12:50 PM
All in all, I've never met anyone that ever claimed to hate Macs that ever had the chance to use one they could make sure worked right or was willing to go the distance to make sure it worked right.

You could line up any and all systems in a row, debug and optimize them all to peak performance and the Mac is the best operating system. The only thing that makes the others any good is what they copied from Mac. But I'm not kidding myself either, because I'd prefer a Windows computer that works right over a Mac that I can't be allowed to fix, so this is all a fair, unbias evaluation on my part.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Nikster
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 9:29 AM
My room mate's iMac needs therapy

*chases iMac around the room with a bat*where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

TheJediUnit
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 9:41 AM
Nikster Wrote:My room mate's iMac needs therapy

*chases iMac around the room with a bat*

The Therapist has arrived.

...wearing an umpire's mask.

--Spock

Nikster
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 9:49 AM

Seriously, I have suggested to my roomie that she reinstall the operating system and stuff...she sez she'll get to it 'eventually'. She's a TOTAL newbie about computers in general...it's both funny AND annoying

I offered to do it for her (it can't be THAT hard..I've done it on pc's a buncha times), but she said she was gonna do it herself *rolls eyes*

I figure, 'Oh well....it's her computer...it's her business'

As long as I have access to some bricks and a bat, I get by ok with the thing

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

TheJediUnit
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 10:19 AM
Yep. I hear ya!

And like I always say and have said before...

"All in all, I've never met anyone that ever claimed to hate Macs that ever had the chance to use one they could make sure worked right or was willing to go the distance to make sure it worked right."

--Spock

Syntax
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 10:42 AM
TheJediUnit Wrote:Yep. I hear ya!

"All in all, I've never met anyone that ever claimed to hate Macs that ever had the chance to use one they could make sure worked right or was willing to go the distance to make sure it worked right."
You just met one. I put up with Macs for a very good portion of my life, and I still think they suck.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

----------------------------
Syntax

Nikster
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 10:44 AM

And, as I have said before...

I actually kinda LIKE Macs.....I kinda want to get one myself...BUT THIS ONE IS SCHITZO!!!!!!!!

It's an iBook...one of the 'Hello Kitty' models, I think *ugh*

Nikster
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 10:47 AM
Syntax Wrote:

You just met one. I put up with Macs for a very good portion of my life, and I still think they suck.

To each their own. Even if I were to get a Mac eventually, I would still have a PC too...if for no other reason than because it's hard to find software for Mac's at Walmart. And DAMMIT...I gotta have my games! I NEED AMUSEMENT!!!!!

TheJediUnit
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 10:57 AM
You just met one. I put up with Macs for a very good portion of my life, and I still think they suck.

Oh, I forgot about shear obstinance. Please allow me to modify my saying.

"All in all, I've never met anyone that OBJECTIVELY ever claimed to hate Macs that ever had the chance to use one they could make sure worked right or was willing to go the distance to make sure it worked right."

--Spock

TheJediUnit
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 11:07 AM
And, as I have said before...

I actually kinda LIKE Macs..

I didn't suggest you didn't.

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

--Spock

Nikster
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 11:43 AM
I know....your need for restatement gave me a need for restatement

TheJediUnit
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 11:44 AM
Ah.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

--Spock

Syntax
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 12:00 PM
TheJediUnit Wrote:

Oh, I forgot about shear obstinance. Please allow me to modify my saying.

"All in all, I've never met anyone that OBJECTIVELY ever claimed to hate Macs that ever had the chance to use one they could make sure worked right or was willing to go the distance to make sure it worked right."
Oh, I am objectively claiming to hate Macs. Like I said, I have used them for a very long time, and have never liked them. I have had functional and nonfunctional models (well, in my experience, there's simply varying degrees of "nonfunctionality"), I've done trouble-shooting, and I've generally had nothing but problems.

Perhaps your phrase should account for opinions other than your own...? Because to claim that I'm not being "objective" when I say I don't like Macs is almost offensive. Almost.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

----------------------------
Syntax

TheJediUnit
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 12:12 PM
The last word... I think it has less to to with "which computer system is the best" and more to do with "who can't stand solving problems."

If you claim you've had nothing but problems with Mac, then I am correct in your not being objective or actually being able to keep those Macs in true working order. All Macs are subject to varying degrees of non-functionality? ALL? Man, you claim you're objective? You claim you trouble-shoot? For you to suggest that I'm supposed to believe that all Macs are problematic is an over-generalized falsehood designed to merely make it easier for you to hate them with a clear conscience and is an attempt to elevate an insult to my intellegence up to the undeserving status of "opinion" and then claim I must accept it as such.

I find that nearly offensive.

Nearly.

And I have no problem with opposing views whatsoever. I just don't like ones substantiated on thin air instead of objective, rational, fair-minded reasoning.

--Spock

TheJediUnit
User

on Thursday, April, 17, 2003 1:20 PM
Problems with computers is an issue across the board with all systems. What vary's more than how realiable systems compare to systems is how users compare to users in their ability to keep them running right and accepting that no system is perfect.

In the scope of my career, I've trained no less than at least 50 subordinates to use computers, Mac and WinTel machines and tons of power apps. Their skills began at different ranges, some that didn't even know how to turn it on but brought them all up to being able to produce fantastic jobs upwards of tens of thousands of dollars a pop, which we all do. They ALL have thanked me for solving their problems and giving them the ability to solve them themselves painlessly, some with hugs included. I even mentored about a dozen aspiring graphic artist/computer operators who all have great jobs and never even went past high school. I've also fired attitutes that claim such things as "this computer sucks" or "this computer is nothing but problems" when I end up fixing it in 2 minutes.

I am singlely responsible for an art department's entire state-of-the-art compliment of 15 stations, including a digital press, so new it's one of the first 20 used in the U.S. today.

I know from where I speak. I'd never profess Mac is perfect or more perfect. It's just the best and even if you disagree to that there is no truth in it's being "nothing but problems."

No truth at all.

None.

It's all about operators' attitutes, negativity and not being able to handle temporary setbacks.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

--Spock

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 Anyone got experience with silly imacs? :p