New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Program BASIC
User

Questions from your friendly BASIC

on Monday, January, 27, 2003 12:46 PM
Greetings Programs!

Okay, lets go straight to the points, never mind the bollocks:

1- Lora's surname? I already knew about Walter: Gibbs. What's about Lora's surname? It looks like they never mentioned it anywhere. Besides, I was wondering... I was wondering... well, I was wondering... is our heroine JET BRADLEY's mom? Well I guess SO. I'm referring to Lora, of course! What if Jet would meet Yori, his mother's Electroverse counterpart? Stranger and stranger. Dark the plans of the Users really are! (Yoda)

2- Triple question. Don't get me wrong:

Okay, we pointed out the Solar Sailer's origin in ones of the previous posts, and it was pretty satysfing. It was an abandoned "Program", probably concerning the light beam concept. Basically, it's a vehicle able to travel throughout sectors of the same system, transferring Programs in the process.
A sort of download ?????????

Hey, but have you never noticed there are TWO types of PROGRAMS in the Electroverse? The Antropomorphic ones and the "simulations". The Recognizers are un-conscious programs which work as vehicles, basically. I would pick up the word "Simulation" for them. Agree?

Do you think the characters of a game for X-BOX or PLAYSTATION-2 in Tron's universe would have been "proper" conscious Programs or just "simulations" like the Tanks and the Recognizers?

3- The sea of simulation. A flashy name good like another one to "name" the cyberspace? The elder version of the cyberspace inside the ENCOM system? I think so. William Gibson, "TRON" beats you!

Okay, that's all.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

is program's best friend. Don't betray it --- NEVER!

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Monday, January, 27, 2003 1:50 PM
Lora's surname is JediUnit. She's Mrs. JediUnit.

...'til I wake up anyway.

The simulation thing is interesting. The way I imagined it is that anything that is 'dispensable' or 'generated' by and for the use of programs are simulations. They can 'simulate' light cycles, recognizers and such. It would seem to me that even the solar sailer is a simulation too, but what makes it seem different is the other simulations run off the power provided by the programs directly, but the sailer and Sark's carrier don't, so I'm not sure. Anyway, with that, it would seem that in your analogy about X-Box and other games, it would seem that the best way to merge it in the Tron electroverse would be that the game itself is the one program and it's "characters" within the game is no more than it's functional simulations. A game cartridge for a gaming console would be the single program like Tron or Ram, since they were single programs too.

That's how I see it anyway.

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Program BASIC
User

Thanks

on Monday, January, 27, 2003 7:48 PM
Yeah, JediUnit, I actually agree with you.
After all, a game is nothing but a Program itself, "read" by the console. I think HE would be an antrophomorphic energo-creature just like Tron, Ram, Yori and Crom... and, as our beloved Dumont did, He would be the mind/arm controlling a simulated structure like the I/O tower was, controlling the "game" pixel by pixel - a simulation. So we're both right, 'cause the truth is placed in the middle of the way
So I figure out when you insert a disc inside your PS2, you instantaneoulsy give chance to a whole micro-system to generate itself inside your console... a micro-system lived by just one occupant: a Program.
After all, the Programs haven't showed "special abilities" or powers at all - they need structures, vehicles, Bits and energy to make things, to follow their directives. Simulations. Some of them can be controlled (light-cycles) some of them not (The Carrier).
Nice !!!!!!!!!!!

is program's best friend. Don't betray it --- NEVER!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Questions from your friendly BASIC