Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 ElecTRONIC questions... very interesting!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
Program BASIC
User

Again, you rule!

on Wednesday, January, 15, 2003 8:33 AM
Trigger,

It's great what are you saying. I'm proud to have meet two computer technicians as you and JediUnit, because you dedicated your own lives to progress and to all the good it could have led.

These some points:

Hehe, "slurped." It's sorta like that in some way. If you look at the laser beam as a straw and Flynn as a beverage.

It makes sense, anyway.

I think that Flynn was actually pulled in and converted into data

The second theory, indeed. After all, we can see his consciousness MOVING TOWARDS the gun, then into the digital tunnel, and finally into the Electrouniverse's area.

, whereas the orange was simply "suspended in the laser beam."

Yeah, possible.

It's just that the MCP used the beam to reassemble Flynn inside the computer world rather than just holding and returning his pattern.

The first theory may bring to a major fault. What's happened to Flynn's consciousness? If really MCP made a "Flynn pattern" out of the lecture, why had the program Flynn's memories and his SAME way of thinking? So, again, it sounds resonable what you're actually saying.

The MCP was a rather intelligent computer. Seeing as how it went and appropriated technology from other big companies. It's not beyond the realm of rational thought.

Oh yeah. For now...

I don't think the world of Tron existed in any comparable operating system we know of. It looked a lot like a command line OS of some sort.

PLEASE, EXPLAIN ME MORE! I don't have a clue about it.

Perhaps in 2.0, we'll see a GUI version of the system and be able to compare easier.

GUI?

Besides, an OS is just an interface that allows the user to communicate with the data.

That's why the programs get their identity disks...
Please, explain me what is OS and GUI...in a specified manner.

The raw data is pretty much always the same no matter the OS. Only the format is different to allow communication to a user through a certain OS.

"Operative system"?

Anyway, I have just received another "INTUITION" from my USER. Is it possible the programs in TRON's world operated their functions THROUGH the "BITS" too? Maybe YORI created the room thanks to her associated BIT, as we can see in "AUTOMAN" (indeed, AUTOMAN is a program!)
Probably, we can't see BITS because MCP stole them, "disjointed" them from the CONSCRIPTS to turn them into unavailable beings.

And what's about the "DATA PUSHERS" Flynn met into the city? What are they, precisely?

is program's best friend. Don't betray it --- NEVER!

TheJediUnit
User

No Title

on Wednesday, January, 15, 2003 9:30 AM
"Hehe, "slurped." It's sorta like that in some way. If you look at the laser beam as a straw and Flynn as a beverage."

Didn't the MCP say, "I'd love to see what you're made of. I wanna chug your carbonated, caffeine-slammin' refreshment... then Alakhazam you into next week."

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"Having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
--Spock

Program BASIC
User

Hehehe

on Wednesday, January, 15, 2003 9:50 AM
"Alakhazam"

What does it mean?

And please, explain me the difference between OS and GUI ...

TriggerEXE
User

Explanation

on Wednesday, January, 15, 2003 10:55 AM
OS = Operating System

GUI = Graphical User Interface (Point and click. Windows)

The operating system the users were using looked like a command line interface. Like, instead of clicking on things, you type in a word, phrase, or string and hit enter. Not unlike the Commadore 64 systems of yore. Sorta looked like BASIC programming language. It makes sense, because with such an OS, the users could only operate one program at a time. Whereas using a GUI, they could multitask. Since everything began with such a command line interface, it's hard to judge which one it is comparable to today.

I'm saying that the MCP took Flynn's entire being, consciousness and all, and converted it to data that could be interpreted by the digital world. *shrugs* It could have also just taken his consciousness and left his physical presence suspended in the beam. Though, in transporter examples such as Star Trek, when someone is transported, their "pattern" gets put into a buffer until it can be reassembled. The pattern is everything. Their mass and consciousness. This beam seems to work much the same way, only instead of holding his pattern in the buffer, it was translated into interactive data.

I believe the MCP ordered a double latte' and got a Flynn soda instead. I wonder how much caffeine a Flynn soda has... order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

"The dark can embrace the light, but never eclipse it."

Trace
User

No Title

on Wednesday, January, 15, 2003 1:21 PM
Previously posted by TheJediUnit:
"Didn't the MCP say, "I'd love to see what you're made of. I wanna chug your carbonated, caffeine-slammin' refreshment... then Alakhazam you into next week."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Program BASIC
User

!

on Wednesday, January, 15, 2003 1:39 PM
"I'm saying that the MCP took Flynn's entire being, consciousness and all, and converted it to data that could be interpreted by the digital world."

Pratically, we're talkin' about the MIDDLE WAY between the theories, and I'm really beginning to like it. You're basically saying MCP simply used just ONE FUNCTION (a phase) of the WHOLE PROCESS of transmission. Yep, the final purpouse is to teleport the subject, of course. But in this case, MCP just needed to convert Flynn in a coherent, solid package of data= program of himself.

*shrugs* It could have also just taken his consciousness and left his physical presence suspended in the beam.

Yes, *AGREED*.

Though, in transporter examples such as Star Trek, when someone is transported, their "pattern" gets put into a buffer until it can be reassembled.

Thinking to it, they made it with the ORANGE. It's more than a "scanning process", however.

The pattern is everything. Their mass and consciousness. This beam seems to work much the same way, only instead of holding his pattern in the buffer, it was translated into interactive data.

Okay, at this point Flynn went SLURPED! - hehehehe

Hey, what's about those damn DATA PUSHERS?

Program BASIC
User

!

on Wednesday, January, 15, 2003 2:01 PM
"BUFFER: (computer science) a part of RAM used for temporary storage of data that is waiting to be sent to a device; used to compensate for differences in the rate of flow of data between components of a computer system."

Okay, thank you so much, TRIGGER. It makes much more sense now... There aren't problems... ONLY SOLUTIONS!

I'm still wondering if the GAME GRID, where TRON ran, was a "proper" part of the ENCOM sytem (as the recognizers and the tanks - after all they were digital projects own by the ENCOM computer itself, so easily reproducible in the same system) or just a GAME GRID in a videogame.
If you see better, TRON & COMPANY were "teleported" in the arena. Transferred. It's probable MCP could "transmit" the programs in other domains, outside the sytem itself, running into the central electric network roads.
After all, TRON and YORI stole the solar sailor to enjoy their origin system - throughout the seas of simulation (electric area?)

Or maybe did MCP just use the infamous laser beam to the programs too?

Program BASIC
User

?

on Thursday, January, 16, 2003 1:33 PM
Programs?

1- The Game Grid. Where? Outside or inside the system?

2- The Simulation sea, the Solar sailor - what?

3- The Data Pushers - who?

4- Alakhaeim ?????????????

Questions. Please, answers.

Sketch
Sector Admin

No Title

on Thursday, January, 16, 2003 3:14 PM
Data Pushers: "Inoperative Data Pushers" is what yoir called them. I guess that makes them programs that are no longer in use. Think of them as unemployed programs.

Digitizing: Dumont said it best, "A lazer dismantels the molecular structure of the object, and the molecules remain suspended in the lazer beam. Then when the computer plays out the model the molecules fall back into place, and Walah!"

The Game Grid I would say is inside Encoms system. It's just more conveint that way. I mean to get to the MCP you have to be inside Encoms system.

Solar Sailer is just a solar sailer. In the original script Yori said it was an abandoned program a user was once workin on. It travels on an energy beam which could also be interpreted as a data beam or internet connection today.

Man, some of these questions are too deep to ask really. Do you have the Tron DVD? If so watch the making of Tron and other stuff on Disc 2 and the audio commentary on disc 1. Also to understand the changes in the movie refer to the script which is on the net. Remember it's a movie. There's always thing's left unexplined in any movie.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

KiaPurity
User

about the game grid

on Thursday, January, 16, 2003 4:15 PM
Y'know, Flynn had designed those games when he was still working at Encom... so naturally, the game grid was created because the games were created.
Then Dillinger stole 'em and Flynn got the boot, thusly, the game grid stayed.
...I put way too much thought in this, don't I? where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

Program BASIC
User

WOW!

on Friday, January, 17, 2003 8:32 AM
"Solar Sailer is just a solar sailer. In the original script Yori said it was an abandoned program a user was once workin on. It travels on an energy beam which could also be interpreted as a data beam or internet connection today."

An "unconscious" program as the recognizers or the tanks, of course! Yep, great explanation here... I love it.

Hey, I get the 20th Anniversary DVD, 'nuff said. It was my x-mas present this year... ehm, I mean LAST YEAR.

I found your answers pretty satysfing, too.

What's about the script? Where can I find it?

Program BASIC
User

!

on Thursday, January, 23, 2003 5:08 AM
I'm still waiting.
Don't leave *ME* in such cold, dark circuits forever...

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Sketch
Sector Admin

No Title

on Thursday, January, 23, 2003 10:00 AM
There's one on Guy Gordons site. Theres a link to his site in the fan sites.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue_bezel/

Driver
User

No Title

on Thursday, January, 30, 2003 12:54 AM
This thread reminded me of something.

Did you notice that in the electronic world, time is measured in computing speeds, and our time is considered their definition of distance? In the beginning of the movie Crom uses microcycles as a definition of time, while Yori uses nanoseconds as a measure of distance on the solar sailer.

...just a little something that popped in my mind.

"can I have someone your popcorn?! 8-o

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 ElecTRONIC questions... very interesting!